1 January 2014


First day of January 2014 and the rain has set in , which is nice! Have been painting with water colors this afternoon, then brought in some fresh agapanthus and hydrangea from the garden.( before the rain) Our gas heater  has always been annoying to my eyes so knocked up a fence of sorts from old timber palings to obscure it from view..... looks so much better now. 


As mentioned previously, I have been painting a lot with watercolors recently. This book by Edward Ardizzone , who was himself an accomplished water colorist, has always been of inspiration to me. His fresh and loose style many times depicting life by the sea, is so very appealing, and I have a number of his books which I pour over now and then. Sometimes I am lucky enough to pick up an old book going very cheaply at a library sale as was the case with the above book.  
Adios for now.


No comments: