13 January 2014

hot days ahead


Coming home from one of my walks with my daughter, I noticed how this tree has just recently flowered. Such a lovely tree, with pale pink blossoms, the leaves are covered in fine hairs and I have no idea what it is.
Further on down along the pathway fence, the Wonga vine, which is a native to Australia,  is in flower, with lavender, geraniums and pink roses joining in the party. I let them grow untamed, save for a few strays that dare to venture out onto the pedestrians walk.




We are gearing up for a very hot week here in Melbourne, with temperatures soaring to the high 30's low 40's. It won't be pleasant. I may just rest and sew, as I have been doing . Recently while looking amongst my stash of fabrics, I decided to reconstruct an old dated, white lace shirt that just didn't fit right. I simply took apart the sleeves from the front and back and french seamed it, in it's entirety, to form a patchwork.   It looks charming in it's own , imperfect way. I couldn't decide where it looked bettter, so for now it lays across the top of my dressing table.


No comments: