15 February 2018






Received in the post today this lovely first edition book. The dust jacket being in very poor condition - the spine having been worn away to almost nothing and a few holes here and there, all kept in place with a plastic covering. I realise that although the plastic may prove some protection to the jacket, over time it may actually discolor the image, due to who- knows -what in the chemical make up  of the plastic. I also know that placing a film over the print immediately dulls the appearance of the image. So off it came, and hence the restoration began. Using acid free glue and artists paper, I reinforced all the areas that were falling apart, and using an image of the jacket art  I found on the web as a point of reference, I recreated the original drawing by filling in the missing areas. I'm very pleased with it now. 

No comments: