27 February 2018






Favorite pair of very comfortable shorts that I have owned for 18 years are slowly showing wear. I very nearly threw them out but they hold some fond memories for me, therefore  I am patching them ad hoc style. A hole appears, and so does a new patch. The more patches, the more interesting they will become. While I was sewing this afternoon, thinking about the diminishing arctic, and wondering how long we have left before the weather spirals out of control, as it has done in earths  past, I thought about the word love, and how carelessly this word is thrown around on the net, especially where business is involved.. 'Love' in my opinion , has a whole new meaning in this age. It should encompass not just our near friends and relatives, but the whole of earth and all its beings. Therefore, our actions towards the earth will determine how much we 'love' it's inhabitants. Love involves sacrifice, is selfless, and expects nothing in return. Not money, nor gifts, nor constant attention. 'Love is the answer', yes, but it Will take an awful lot of 'genuine' love before climate change is resolved. If ever.

No comments: