20 March 2013

Knitting with love.







Am looking forward to the cooler months. It is starting to feel a little more like autumn now and we have had some cooler weather of the past week. So much so, that I even felt like pulling our my knitting needles and taking up a bit of knitting once more. I'm really liking  cable knit patterns of late, just simply because the non fussy and down to earth connotations implied by the basic cable appeal to me. I came across a couple of nice handmade knitted jumpers in the cabins of the Pollywoodside, and admiring the homespun quality and craftsmanship took a few photos as reference. The vest above is one of my own hand knitted vests that I made last year knitted in a very soft grey woollen yarn found most cheaply at a second hand shop. Such a large bag full of balls of yarn! I was also able to make a beanie and gloves for my son, and I still have more left over for this year! I think some robust, hard wearing socks will be next on the agenda. 

Andrea

No comments: