27 March 2013

The kitchen dresser rejuvenated



I had a long hard think, whether I should take the plunge and give my dresser a freshen up with white paint, so eventually , I decided to head down to the corner paint shop .  I last painted our trusty dresser some 14 years ago, but , felt it needed a bright lift as it was looking rather heavy and dark , together with our dining setting. A lift in color mood was needed. 







The new coat of paint has brightened up the dining room no end, and  it looks just right with my blue and white enamel ware and ceramics too. I decided to leave the bottom shelf free of paint to provide a relief from the all-white scheme, and to coordinate with the rest of my setting. I have distressed the surface here and there, and I will probably distress it a little further as time goes on....




Collections of flotsam of jetsam , driftwood, sea glass, a starfish and glass float reinforce the nautical mood.
I'm quite happy I 'took the plunge and dove in'.

No comments: